24 May BBR CONNÆCT 2019 Magazine
The 2019 CONNÆCT magazine celebrates the 75th anniversary of BBR with reflections on the past and a look to the future.
Content relevant to New Zealand projects includes:
- ICE People’s Choice Award 2018 – The Kaikoura Earthquake Recovery Project performed by the NCTIR Alliance is featured in relation to winning the People’s Choice Award – instigated by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) – p9
- The PT Design and Construction Seminar held in Auckland focussed on exploring the benefits of post-tensioned concrete – p10
- BBR Project of the Year Award 2018. This was presented to BBR Contech for the James Pascoe Distribution Centre constructed in association with Conslab and featured a world-leading super-flat PT warehouse floor – p12-13
- Chilling out down under. Featuring two large projects in Canterbury for long-term BBR clients, Fonterra and Foodstuffs. These projects cover a combined total of 28,000m2 and bring BBR Contech’s total PT floor installations to more than 2.5 million m2 – p45-47
- Elevated PT floors on the rise. Multi-story PT projects currently underway in Auckland add up to 60,000m2. This article describes work on Pacifica Tower (57-level inner city hotel and residential complex), Bunnings Westgate store and Highbrook Business Park multi-level car park. These projects are being delivered by a joint venture between New Zealand’s BBR Contech and Australia’s SRG Global – p49-51
- Raising walls for post-quake library. Tῡranga (New Central Library), Christchurch. Seismic strengthening of shear walls utilising PRESSS technology – p73
- Protecting heritage structures for the future – Old Arts Building, University of Auckland. Seismic strengthening for historic New Zealand landmark – p76-77
- New Zealand prepares for America’s Cup – wharf repairs for yachting spectacular. In preparation for the 36th America’s Cup in Auckland, Wynyard Wharf is undergoing a range of concrete repairs – p80-81
- Enabling comings and goings. Ngaio Gorge Rd, Wellington. New retaining wall construction for key inner-city access route – p81
- New advanced generation of flat post-tensioning. The new BBR VT CONA CMF S2 is launched and further optimizes design for post-tensioned slabs – p82-84
We take this opportunity to thank our clients and business partners who allow us to showcase these projects and achievements on the world stage.