Located in Hereford Street, the building was originally designed by Collins and Harman and completed in 1910. A programme of restoration work on the building commenced in September 2013 after the series of earthquakes in Christchurch since 2010 caused significant damage to the stonework.
An existing warehouse in Anchorage Road Hornby was in the process of being vacated by logistics company Toll NZ prior to new tenants Linfox moving in. The building owner and new tenant had identified a number of locations where the existing conventionally reinforced floor slab concrete had broken up and spalled, particularly in traffic aisles and adjacent to doorways.
As part of the upgrade and strengthening of an existing 3 level commercial building in Riccarton the designers contemplated options for 34% NBS and 67% NBS which included application of carbon fibre to strengthen the third floor concrete diaphragm.
Originally constructed in 1991 this precast tilt slab building located in the Wigram area comprises two tenancies with central row of precast wall panels.